Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pushing forward

I've heard on several occasions that giving birth to a dream or idea is a lot like giving birth to a baby. I say no the H*LL it ain't! To me, giving birth to a dream/idea is waaaaay harder. At least birthing a baby is a finite thing. You know in 9 months the baby will be at full term and will be on its way out. A goal could take years upon years to birth and even then there is no guarantee you're gonna ever reach for what you are striving for.  I say all that to say this. I do feel as if everyday I'm in labor. I'm in labor holding onto my faith. I'm in labor pushing myself to stay on task in regards to the timelines to get things done. I'm in labor to just believe I can do this and create something out of nothing! (I guess technically that is faith though).

I'm pretty sure I sound like a whiner, that is one of my personality flaws (yeah, I can admit it). But I'd rather whine and push forward then just whine, I guess.

And really, as I look back on the things I have accomplished in my life; those things weren't so easy either.  Yet, I managed to make them happen.  I will do the same with this too. It really is a matter of time, effort and energy. Seeds take time to sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment