Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ordinary Days

I'm reminded this morning of two Bible verses I like to read when I'm feeling an overwhelming sense of ordinary. To me, ordinary=boring.  I don't want some disaster to befall me or anyone I know in order for a day not to be ordinary, I just need a little excitement every now and then to make the days interesting. I think that is one of the reasons entrepreneurship would be a good fit for me. Every new day would bring a different challenge--some diversity in experience. Office work (which I'm currently doing now) is very routine. Any way, back to those Bible verses.

The first: "A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps"--Proverbs 16:9.

The second: "Oh, LORD, please bless me and expand my territory. May Your hand be with me. And may You keep me from evil." - 1 Chronicles 4:10.

I like to recite the first verse because it reminds me I do have control over my life. If I don't want the day to be ordinary then its up to me to add some excitement and spice to it. I like to recite the second verse because it reminds me that the LORD also controls situations as Jabez taught us. He asked the LORD to bless him and expand his territory. What could be more exciting than that?

So I push on.  Yet, another day working in anonymity towards my goal. One day I know it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment