Monday, February 28, 2011

A new outlook

I love to watch the Bio Channel. The other day I caught one of Tyler Perry.  I was really inspired by this particular one because Tyler made his way practically out of no way (which he gives God the credit for and is exactly what I need to happen in my life). Any who, he was broke and living in his car while pursuing his dream. I don't need to recount his whole story here but the fact I found very inspiring was he worked odd jobs (which I do now) scraping money together (which I do now) to put on his first play. He didn't have a rich uncle or investor at first. All he had was his life savings and a dream. And that's where my biz partner and I are. We don't know any rich people looking to invest in our idea. All we have is a dream and the Internet and hopefully can get our idea off the ground as efficiently and cost effective as possible.

Oh, I forgot to mention we had a brainstorming session the other night. We both were looking at the franchise idea and just couldn't fathom how we were going to come up with the 250K (at least) to buy a franchise. So, not only do you need the liquid cash to invest, you also need a net worth of at least that much too. Now, in my mind, we could borrow the liquid cash but that net worth would be a different matter all together. So after much debate, we decided to scrap the franchise idea and come up with a low cost business we could fund ourselves.  We decided on a t-shirt company. As we were searching on the Internet we came across this idea and discovered its very doable.  Not only is low funding involved initially but we do not have to quit our current jobs and can grow the business while we work full-time.

So that's where we are right now. Putting a plan together to get this venture off the ground. I don't know all the details yet. But we're working on them. We're coming world--just you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment