Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thinking about my lack of money gets me down in the dumps

I spend a lot of time thinking about how I want to organize the rest of my life. It gets tiring. I feel like all I do is think, think, think, or maybe it's dream. Well whatever it is I feel like I need to be getting on with things. But deep down I also know that I have to prepare for what's coming. I keep getting ahead of myself because I can see how I want things to end up but the small steps along the way are tripping me up. Sometimes I think about the missed opportunities of the past. I look back with that good ole 20/20 and think to myself (while popping myself on the forehead), "boy, you really messed that up". But what good does it do really? What good does it do to keep rehashing regrets and missed opportunities? None, so forward march. Right?

I've been searching the Internet trying to find grant money for the business. You know how you hear on TV how the government is giving away all this money for women to start businesses? Well, they're not!  That is a lie that people have perpetrated in order to make a buck. People have taken the few grants the government does give, packaged them in a pamphlet and sold it to people who have no interest in doing their own research. What people usually find once they get the pamphlet is that the types of money given doesn't fit what they are trying to do so they just wasted their money buying a useless pamphlet.

The government does give LOANS though through states and organizations like the SBA. I fear Tonya and I will probably have to end up going this route. It may be the only way to get this thing off the ground.  I'm not afraid of a loan. I just know how hard it is to secure a loan especially when you don't already have money. We have that age old dilemma of if we had the money we wouldn't need a loan but since we don't have money....well, you fill in the rest.

So anywho, that's how I'm feeling today. We're still scheduled to start the business plan this weekend because we will be shopping it around eventually. I feel confident about pursuing this journey EXCEPT the acquiring of funding aspect. That part just really gets me down in the dumps. I know I can't focus on that too long though because I will paralyze myself.

Forward march. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment